We aim to make your experience when using our website as quick, simple and effective as possible. This means that when you visit our website, cookies or similar technologies will be placed on the computer or other device you are using. Cookies do no harm to your device.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, smartphone or other device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to help us to improve our site and deliver a better and more personalised service.
The Times International (TInt) website uses persistent cookies and session cookies:
- Persistent cookies: a ‘persistent cookie’ remembers your computer and, by doing so, allows us to identify specific information about your visits to the site
- Session cookies: our system also uses what are known as ‘session cookies’ for the transactional areas of our website. This type of cookie does not save or store, but merely accesses and uses some of the personal information you have previously given us to remember log-in details and facilitate your transactions with us. ‘Session cookies’ are deleted once you log out from the transactional area you entered.
There are a number of different categories of cookies that we use:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We use third parties, including Google Analytics to assess your experience on our website by storing cookies on your browser and/or device and the information generated by these cookies (including your IP address) may be transmitted to servers outside of the European Union but only where there are similar data protection laws, rules and or standards.
This tool gathers anonymous data, which we use to continually improve our online services and information. You can find out more about how these cookies are used on their respective websites at:
By using this website, you are consenting to the use of these cookies.
How to control and delete cookies
You can manage your cookie settings by following your browser’s instructions. Here are some links that might be of assistance:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Mozilla Firefox:
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/view-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-a7d95376-f2cd-8e4a-25dc-1de753474879
When we provide links to third party websites, please be aware that they will have their own privacy and cookie policies which you should read carefully.